Things to Ponder
What a Witch is...
- A person who lives a magickal life—who sees the Divine in every part of life, who is touch with their own divine *and* human nature—and sees the divinity in it all.
- A powerful person, an empowered person. Their power comes from wisdom, knowledge, and confidence.
- Courageous enough to take a thorough look at themselves, see what’s no longer works for them, and then has the strength and perseverance to change it. The more emotional and mental issues in your life, the more easy it is to really mess up magickal workings. Energy needs a clear channel, and a Witch’s most powerful tool is their energy.
- Someone who honors ALL life.
- Someone who is always open to learning in order to become a more wise person.
- Someone who always does her/his best but also knows that they are human and they are never perfect—no guilt, no shame, no regrets—only lessons learned. Forgive all (including ourselves) but forget nothing.
What a Witch is not...
- Being a Witch is NOT about just casting spells and being all mysterious and dark and powerful and scary.
- A Witch does NOT do any spellwork or religious practice with an inflated ego, when ill, or emotionally unstable. Energy needs a clear channel, and a Witch’s most powerful tool is their energy.
What Paganism is...
- Paganism is a new religion (neo-Paganism), which is based on some ancient religious practices and some newly formed practices. A few historians have discovered that some of our practices may have come from Victorian times when “the old ways” and nature were popular trends amongst wealthy Victorian ladies. Others say it’s a made-up religion based on things Gardner learned through The Golden Dawn, the Masons, and from a crazy, egocentric man named Aleister Crowley.
But there are those with magickal thinking who know that these mundane methods were a clever way for the old Goddesses and Gods to bring balance and magick and mystical living back into human being’s experiences.
- Paganism is not the only or the best religion. It is the only and best religion for those who decide to practice it. “All roads lead to Rome.”
- Paganism is personal to each person. Connection to the Divine Source is a personal and is different for every individual. NO ONE can tell you that you’re doing something wrong as long as you know that you’re doing the right thing and doing it in the right way for you.
- Your ethics are your spiritual protection.
- Magick is power, power requires responsibility.
- Knowledge is learned, wisdom is earned.